पृष्ठ

सोमवार, 26 सितंबर 2016

What is Dharma?

Let me tell, how does Dharma figure in my consciousness? And why should I say this?


Though the knowledge is well present in the public domain, and yet Dharma is used interchangeably as religion or mazhab or creed or like abstractions. The fact is that the consciousness as named dharma is diametrically opposed to the so categorised other phenomena. Dharma is not an order of faith but an evergoing quest of truth. While the others come into the domain of phenomenology, Dharma transcends even ontology. It's not only about the nature of being, it's also about the ever unfolding of being, and more crucially it's also the intensity of feelings which leads one to transcend from the state of being to that of beinglessness. I say this, so that the distinctness of Dharma, which is the raison d'etre of our being,does not get lost from the general perception.


In the domain of the physical base of our consciousness i.e. in terms of tangibility, Dharma is equated with the essence of a being, animate or inanimate, and its becoming of as per the essence, as opposite to its unbecoming. This is indeed Dharma, the tangible Dharma, and yet it's Dharma in its derivative form.

What is Dharma then? I present it as it is mapped in my consciousness. And while I do so, I move from the consciousness to the consciousness. Dharma is the neverending quest of itself. The consciousness is the pathway and is the destination too. It's the eternity in momentariness, which encompasses the end and the means, both seeing the other in itself, and that non-existent space of momentariness where the being and the nonbeing intermingle, come to us as the consciousness of Dharma. This trascedental reasoning informs our approaching of the immediate tangible being, and that makes our manifest dharma. This is the meaning of Dharma I have in my mind, and the very meaning demands me to find its meaning as my dharma. (I also request my friends to guide or accompany me in my quest)

Let me pray now -

ॐ भू: भुवः स्वः ।
तत्स॑वि॒तुर्वरेण्यं॒
भर्गो॑ दे॒वस्य॑ धीमहि ।
धियो॒ यो नः॑ प्रचो॒दया॑त् ॥

"We meditate on the adorable glory of the radiant sun; may he inspire our intelligence." (Paraphrased by S. Radhakrishnan)

Niraj Kumar Jha

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें